We are hiring a communications advisor to support the Yukon government Cabinet Office.
Are you a communications professional interested in working as part of a dynamic team? Do you have experience with political strategy, community engagement, marketing and social media? Are you a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative and deadline-driven environment?
Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, the communications advisor will:
- Work as part of the Cabinet team to inform decision-making and advance government priorities.
- Collaborate on planning to achieve strategic communications objectives.
- Provide strategic advice to Ministers, Members of the Legislative Assembly and Cabinet staff.
- Liaise with government departments to coordinate announcements and external communications.
- Develop and implement communications strategies.
- Create a wide range of communications materials, including news releases, newsletters, speaking notes, and social media content.
- Develop and implement social media campaigns, advertisements and other promotional materials.
- Collaborate on event planning and promotion, including livestream events.
- Analyze media coverage of government activities and initiatives.
- Support the Cabinet Office to maintain effective media relations.
The successful candidate will have:
- A diploma or degree in communications, journalism, public relations, political science or a related field.
- A passion for politics and public engagement.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in public communications.
Experience managing social media platforms, developing marketing initiatives and performing public engagement would be considered an asset.
For more information, or to apply, please contact: Matthew Cameron via email (email@example.com) or phone 867-332-0615.
All interested applicants should provide a cover letter and resume. The deadline for applications is Dec. 9, 2022.