Today, the surplus 2022-23 Budget passed in the Legislative Assembly! The $1.97 billion Budget includes a record capital budget of $547 million.
- More than $40 million for early learning and childcare initiatives to make life more affordable for Yukon families
- More than $60 million for housing and lot development across the territory
- Over $20 million to continue implementing the Putting People First recommendations
- Over $80 million for Our Clean future initiatives to address the climate emergency, including $15 million for the Atlin Hydro Expansion project
- $80 million for support social services, mental wellness supports and substance-use programs, including $5.5 million in response to the Substance Use Health Emergency
- $150 million for infrastructure projects throughout the territory
For more information on investments in the Yukon under Budget 2022 visit: yukon.ca/budget