WHITEHORSE – The leaders of the Yukon Liberals and the Yukon NDP have reached an agreement to continue working together on shared priorities that will benefit the Yukon. The agreement formally extends the Confidence and Supply Agreement between the two parties that has been in place since April 2021.
The two parties agree that a stable government is necessary to address the many challenges currently facing Yukoners. The Agreement builds on existing government initiatives and identifies a number of joint priorities that will benefit the Yukon in the areas of healthcare, education, affordability, housing, reconciliation with First Nations, communities and the environment.
The new agreement is now in effect and will remain in place until the 2025-26 territorial budget is passed and such time as a general election is called.
Our Liberal government is pleased to continue working with the NDP to improve the lives of Yukoners. Making life more affordable and improving access to healthcare, education and housing are priority areas for both the Liberals and the NDP. The new Confidence and Supply Agreement will allow for strong, stable leadership to address the challenges Yukoners are facing.
– Premier Ranj Pillai, Leader of the Yukon Liberal Party
I am proud to have negotiated this deal. It will make life better for Yukoners and address the many challenges our territory is facing. The commitments, from health care to education to affordability, are going to help a lot of people.
– Kate White, Leader of the Yukon New Democratic Party
- 2023 Confidence and Supply Agreement between the Yukon Liberal Caucus and the Yukon NDP Caucus
- The Yukon Liberals and the Yukon NDP signed a Confidence and Supply Agreement on April 28, 2021.
- The 2023 Confidence and Supply Agreement between the Yukon Liberals and the Yukon NDP is a formal extension of the 2021 Agreement and includes additional policy initiatives in the areas of health care, education, affordability, housing, reconciliation, and communities and the environment.
- The next general election in the Yukon is scheduled for Monday, November 3, 2025.
Yukon NDP Caucus