We are hiring a Ministerial Advisor to support the Yukon government Cabinet Office.
This position works in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as a primary political advisor to Ministers and Government Members of the Legislative Assembly. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you also work collaboratively as a member of the broader team to support the day-to-day operations of the Cabinet Office. People applying for this position should have a passion for politics, strong analytical and organizational skills and enjoy an organic and fluid workplace.
General Duties include:
- Provide policy analysis and long range planning advice to the Minister
- Support the Minister’s role in Cabinet, Management Board, and the Legislature
- Manage constituency requests and correspondence
- Draft correspondence, Ministerial statements, issues analyses documents
- Work as part of the Cabinet team to inform decision-making and advance government priorities
- Work within the Minister’s team to manage schedules, coordinate logistics and respond to inquiries
- University level education or equivalent experience in political science, public policy, business or communications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Considerable experience analyzing information, assessing options and provide strategic advice
- Experience providing executive level administrative support and secretariat functions to committees
- Experience conducting research and compiling/presenting information in written format
- Understanding of government operations, including interdepartmental relations, policy development processes and public sector decision making mechanisms an asset
Closing date: August 20, 5:00pm
Submit resume and cover letter to Kathleen.Smith@yukon.ca
Or, call 867-667-8942 for more information.