Health and Social Services Minister Pauline Frost recently announced a bold new approach to delivering health and social services in the territory. The government will be implementing the recommendations in Putting People First, a roadmap to create a people-centered approach to health and wellness in the territory that will be more effective and sustainable going forward.
Our Liberal Caucus strongly supports these changes to health and social services in our territory to better support Yukoners. Minister Frost and the Health and Social Services Department have shown great leadership on this initiative. We are grateful to the dedicated and caring health and social care professionals across our territory who are embarking on this import journey with us to improve the lives of Yukoners.
Work is already underway on:
- Universal affordable early learning and childcare;
- Enhancing the medical travel program;
- Cultural safety training for health and social services providers;
- Improved access to vaccines for at risk and vulnerable Yukoners; and
- Initiatives to support Yukoners to age in place.
This is a major undertaking that will require collaboration with our health and social service partners across the territory. Learn more about Putting People First and what it means for you: https://yukon.ca/en/putting-people-first