We are hiring a Boards & Committees Advisor and MLA Outreach Coordinator to support the Yukon government Cabinet Office.
The Boards & Committees Advisor/MLA Outreach Coordinator is a dynamic position within in the Yukon Cabinet Office with opportunities for growth. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, process oriented, and enjoy working with members of the public. This position works directly with Ministers, senior leadership, Department officials, and members of the public.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
MLA Outreach Coordinator
- Work with individual Liberal Caucus MLA’s to plan and execute public outreach events including;
- Working with individual MLA’s to plan events
- Lead the coordination and execution of MLA events including working with staff in the Cabinet Office, staff in Legislative Assembly Office, and external vendors.
- Coordinating advertising and public outreach related to events.
- Evaluation of follow up from events.
- Managing the event budget.
- Strategize and coordinate the participation of Liberal Caucus MLA’s at important external events such as; National Indigenous People’s day, community group AGM’s and other external events as identified by the Caucus.
- Manage the Caucus Budget by tracking Caucus expenses and tracking allocations made to each MLA.
Boards & Committees
Act as the Cabinet liaison facilitating the 150 boards and committees that exist in the Yukon. This includes;
- Having a strategic vision for boards and committees appointments.
- Providing Ministerial advice on the appointment of boards and committees.
- Administering the boards and committees process including;
- checking legislation
- ensuring that Boards and Committee openings are properly advertised each month.
- gathering applications
- communicating with government departments
- using the cabinet tracking system
- being the point of contact for questions from the government departments and the public.
- Ensuring that board appointments/revocations are approved through Cabinet on time.
- Gather and prepares materials on board and committee appointments to be reviewed by the Standing Committee on Appointments to Major Government Boards and Committees, working with Committee Chair and the Legislative Assembly Office, and follows up on the committee’s recommendations.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20,2023.