MLA Ranj Pillai with First Nation Chiefs and fellow MLAs at the signing of the
Memorandum of Understanding on mining
In this early part of my journey as MLA for Porter Creek South, I feel humbled that I’ve been given this incredible opportunity. I’m proud to be part of a team committed to building a sustainable and thriving Yukon for today, and for our children tomorrow. I would like to sincerely thank the residents of Porter Creek South for sharing your thoughts, concerns and successes with me, both during the campaign and over the last few months as your MLA. I am committed to working hard for the community of Porter Creek South, and I look forward to seeing you in the community, or hearing from you soon. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have. My door is always open.
Priorities and Highlights from 2017:
- Attended meetings with Porter Creek Community Association and Friends of McIntyre Creek.
- Continuing to work with Mayor Curtis and city officials to improve road safety in Porter Creek South and in school zones in the surrounding area.
- Ongoing work on the Local Food Strategy, encouraging the production and consumption of Yukon-grown food.
- Ensuring Yukoners are supported by continued energy retrofit programs, including the Residential Energy Incentive Program, Commercial Energy Incentive Program and the Good Energy Program.
- Over 200 meetings with the mining sector to encourage economic growth.
- Led the initiative for the Memorandum of Understanding on mining signed with self-governing Yukon First Nations, with all parties agreeing to collaboratively work together.