Dear Constituents of Porter Creek Centre,
As your newly elected Member of the Yukon Legislative Assembly, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing me to represent you at the territorial level. As a private member who sits with the Yukon Liberal Caucus I’m in the unique position to enhance the lives of Yukoners through a variety of channels. I’m doing this by focusing efforts towards constituency work, delivering private members’ bills in the House, enabling the all-party Standing Committees I sit on to ensure transparency and accountability, and sitting as the Chair of the Yukon Liberal Caucus.
I look forward to connecting with constituents to learn your concerns and discuss ways myself and other members can provide better service to Yukoners.
Early highlights from 2017:
- Appointed as the Chair of the Yukon Liberal Caucus with a focus to ensure campaign priorities are addressed in programs and the annual budget.
- Elected as the Chair of the Standing Committee on Rules, Elections and Privileges focusing on parliamentary procedure and practice in the Legislative Assembly.
- Appointed to various Standing Committees:
- Public Accounts, which is responsible for reviewing the Public Accounts and all reports of the Auditor General, as well as working to address recommendations in the recent Capital Asset Management and Government Transfers to Societies reports’ recommendations.
- Statutory Instruments, which has the ability to review government regulations.
- Appointments to Major Government Boards and Committees with a mandate to recommend appointments to certain major government boards and committees.